Python is the probably easy to learn and nice to use programming language for solving
problems on modern computer systems. Making a program in Python is very simple no need to define big classes and function although it has OOP power but to write a program you no need to define classes or functions. Guido van Rossum invented the Python programming language in the early
- Python programs can run on any operating system, it is usually just a matter of
copying a script's code between machines.
- Python comes with a large collection of pre-built and portable functionality, known
as the standard library
- Python is expressive language, The code of Python is clear to read and write.
- Python is free and Open Source
- Python code are about one third of the size of equivalent C++ and Java code.
- Python can be both dynamically and strongly typed.
- In dynamically typed, type of a variable is interpreted at runtime, it means in Python no need to define type (int, float) of varibale.
- In simple word, strongly typed means the type of variable does not change, the interpreter keeps track of all variables types.
Let us understand by the example below
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0; >", line 1, in
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'
In above code, 1+'1' gives error because of different operand type(s).